Wednesday 18 February 2015

Last of Plastic Austrians

The plastic Austrians are finally finished. With what was left over I decided to paint up two extra bases for each of my 36 strong helmeted regiments. That means I can use them as two 48's or four 24's. I also added a couple of Sappers, made using the Perry Plastic Sapper plus Victrix Grenadier head. They have a role in the Lasalle rules.




The mountain of stuff in the photo below is now all completely painted, except six casualty figures. Three and a half months from when I started assembling it, which I'm quite pleased about. :)

Of course I've bought more since this time, so more painted Austrians will be showing up on this blog shortly!

15 comments:

  1. More fabulous Austrians! Soon you won't have a table large enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply incredible!
    I've been trying to raise my own game in regards to the amount of figures I paint a month but this just blows me away especially as they look so good.
    I tip my shako to you.

    Well done!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great! White uniforms never looks so impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "in recognition of your invaluable service to the Austrian Empire, The Hofkeigsrat is pleased to inform you of your appointment as Inhaber of IR # 54, Hence forth to be as Baron Markus."

    Congratulations! Your first monthly support payment of 1,000 Thalers to the Regimental fund is due the 15th of next month, Colonel. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Astonishing effort. And such elegant troops, too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great paint job on these reinforcements, love the sappers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One can only dream of doing so much and so well in so little time!! bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's an impressive amount of work! Lovely job done too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Beautiful Austrians and great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quantity and quality, nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the kind words everyone!! Certainly nice to get this stack out of the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent painting!!! Rather you than me with all the unpainted boxes of figures!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a fair swag of painting in such a short period of time mate. Love the Austrians!

    ReplyDelete